This is my blog and welcome to it.
A Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious presents the musings, observations and occasional perspective of me, Roger Friedensen, APR. A full-time strategic public relations consultant and part-time professional musician (guitar is the instrument of choice), I currently work as a senior vice president of client services with The Catevo Group in Raleigh, N.C.
Key highlights about me include:
- Have nearly 24 years of experience in public relations (with Epley Associates, Inc. and The Catevo Group);
- Have focused experience in issues and reputation management, media relations and training, strategic planning, crisis communications and research;
- Hold Bachelors and Masters degrees in Speech Communication from UNC-Chapel Hill (Go Heels!);
- Serve on Executive Committee of The Counselors Academy of PRSA;
- Have released two CDs with my group, Mishpacha (progressive acoustic Jewish liturgical music — how’s that for a niche?);
- Serve as frequent speaker at local and national symposia and conferences;
- Am a stickler for good writing and better grammar; and
- Am passionate about the ethical and smart practice of public relations.
Thanks for stopping by!